Quadrupole-time-of-flight (QTOF) mass spectrometers are high mass accuracy and high resolution instruments ideal for peptide sequencing in the Information Dependent Acquisition (IDA) mode. Their high resolution is useful for determination of charge state and protein mass measurements in addition to accurate mass determination of biological compounds. The facility operates Sciex 5600 QTOF that can be coupled with electro-spray or nano-spray.
Both systems can be operated in the direct injection mode or coupled to Waters nano-Acquity Ultra-HPLC systems for LC-MSMS analysis. For specifications on these instruments please follow the links to the manufacturer's websites.
The SCIEX TripleTOF™ 5600 System is an innovative breakthrough in LC-MS2 performance that uniquely integrates comprehensive qualitative exploration, rapid profiling, and high-resolution quantitation workflows on a single platform. It combines the highest sensitivity detection, high-resolution with at least 5X better acquisition speed, and stable ~1ppm mass accuracy over days of acquisition.
- High resolution at unparalleled speed - up to 40,000 FWHM with 10 msec accumulation time
- EasyMassTM Accuracy without continuous recalibration - over 50 hours of continuous LC/MS operation provides <2 ppm RMS
- SmartSpeedTM 100Hz Acquisition delivering high-resolution for high-speed chromatography - up to 100 spectra in a second or 50 spectra in a second while maintaining intelligent real-time data filtering (IDA).
- Most sensitive high resolution system - lowest limits of quantitation (LOQ) for a high resolution system and equivalent to high-performance triple quads.
- MS/MSALL with SWATH™ Acquisition enabling comprehensive MS/MS quantitation in proteomic.